Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thoughts about film


I started photography with black and white years ago then slowly moved more and more to digital. I started to forget about the challenge to create a decent composed black and white image without a nice tonal range, the pleasure to develop it and even to print and frame it.

The difference is so big, is like a lifecycle to create a image. I wont stop with digital photography, but I want to CREATE not CONSUME photography !

I learned so much from Martin Blume
(www.academia-palatina.de), I want to dedicate a couple of pictures to him.
Thanks Martin !

Since I stay in Singapore I cant continue with the full darkroom procedure for the time being. I will shoot film, I found a lab wich can develop black and white quite well and will make prints with my EPSON 4800 chroma Ink printer, which is supposed to be archival.

No comments: